Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Nobody Likes a Quitter!


I realized a few weeks ago that since I am now 36 years old, I have officially been a pack a day smoker for half of my life. I'm not terrifically old, but honestly, that is a lot of cigarettes. I've had these little "smoking is bad for me, I should stop moments" over the years, and have quit at least seven times in the past. Once for almost a year. Problem is....I really love smoking. The solitude of a cigarette (or half a pack) and a glass of wine (or a bottle) after a long day of work is truly and honestly my idea of an ideal evening. When Bryan (my very darling husband who says, quit, don't quit, but please stop talking about it) and I go on one of our tropical vacations, one of my favorite parts of vacating is a long morning on cabana porch with several cups of coffee and a cigarette (or half a pack.)



Nevertheless, having smoked for half my life, it is time to find some new favorite things. Yesterday I decided I had bought my last carton, so the countdown is on. When the carton is up, the madness begins. My hope is to record here at least one thing a day that reminds me why I am quitting. Most likely there will be some regular rants about the things I see that remind me why I love smoking too. I'll be updating this little blog regularly with all the fun and craziness, anxiety, sleep deprivation, and other entertaining withdrawal symptoms for 365 days. Let's see if this time it sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment