Saturday, October 9, 2010

Shelley is a Quitter...Really!

I had a hypnosis session on Wednesday, and amazingly, I quit smoking and haven't even missed it.  A few times since the session I have thought about cigarettes, but only in the sense that I realized that I haven't had one.  Not in the sense that I was wishing desperately that I had one.  Last night I even had some wine, on the deck and didn't even miss cigarettes.  It's like magic, but apparently it isn't magic, it's just my brain now doesn't want to smoke.  Neither does the rest of me apparently.  What's more interesting, is that I now find myself not even particularly interested in continuing to talk about it on this blog, because smoking has become such a non-issue to me. Don't care. Over it. 

The hypnosis itself was very interesting.  When I went to the session, I actually expected that I was going to have to stare into a spinning disk, or stare at a watch on a string, or something.  In actuality, I sat in a chair, closed my eyes, got very relaxed, and just listened to Mr. Boyes talk to me about smoking.  Then I got un-relaxed, opened my eyes, left the session and don't want to smoke anymore.  I don't feel disoriented, and tortured about not smoking.  I just don't smoke now.  I am not disgusted by other people smoking, or offended at the sight of cigarettes, or fixate on people smoking on TV or in movies.  I just don't smoke.  It's very cool. 

So unless things change, I kind of expect that I won't be making any more blog entries.  Since I am no longer thinking about cigarettes, I am no longer thinking about quitting, and so talking about it would just be weird.  And mildly boring for both you and me. I suppose I could log on each day and just say, "I don't smoke," but what an inane use of time that would be. So for all of you who have been so supportive and forgiving and kind, thanks.  I have quit and it's great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment