Saturday, September 11, 2010

Taking the Day Off.

Today I am attending my favorite Boise festival, perhaps the only Boise festival that I enjoy, Art in the Park.  The only place where I can get my fair food fix and buy some lovely art pottery at the same time.  Also, it is packed with people who probably won't appreciate the smell of my second-hand smoke wafting about.  After that I am attending a baby shower for a friend at her in-laws house.  I met her father-in-law years before he was her father-in-law because our office did some work for him.  He is not a fan of smoking, and the fact that I smoke and that it is disgusting and deadly was about the only thing he and I ever talked about, aside from work stuff.  He even went to so far as to try to bribe me to quit smoking with the promise of a new set of golf clubs.  Very generous offer, but I declined.  So, since I know very well his opinion on smoking, it seems too rude to excuse myself from the shower festivities today to go outside and smoke at his house.  Therefore, I am taking the day off from smoking.  Got the patch firmly attached and looking forward to a stink-free day.  I'm also looking forward to a pronto-pup, some plate lunch from Kanak Attack, and probably a Delsa's ice cream cone.  All of that before I go to the baby shower.  The mom-in-law of the mommy to be is a fantastic chef/caterer so I am looking forward to another smorgasborg of deliciousness at that event too.  What I lack in nicotine today I will definitely make up for in calories.  Happy Saturday to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment