Friday, July 9, 2010

Day Two...New Favorite Thing Number One.

Ambrosia.  At about 2:20 I started to have my first post-quitting, physical and psychological freak out.  My friend Sarah had given me some Nicorette gum as a good luck on quitting gift and I had stuck it in my desk.  You see, I'm already using the patch, which I like very much but it mostly just gets me back to my normal residual nicotine level.  No nice spikes like smoking a cigarette.  Nicorette gum, my new favorite thing, is the lovely spike.  My brain snapped back into shape.  The jitters went away, and I had a very lovely afternoon.  Thanks Sarah and thanks to the makers of Nicorette, whoever you are.

I was able to go from this.....



 
   To this........






In one easy step.

For those of you who may have been hoping I would find some new, non-nicotine based favorite things, don't lose hope.  We've reached the weekend and even though I normally do not consider the downtown Saturday market one of my favorite things, perhaps tomorrow it will evolve into a favorite thing.  We are on the hunt for delicious tomatoes.  But tonight, I am thinking a bucket of crab at the Crow Inn.  It's a weekend, and that generally poses lots of possibilities for potential new favorite things.

1 comment:

  1. You are doing great! I also supplemented the gum whilst on the patch, it took about 2-3 weeks of adding the gum to the routine until I was good to just rock out the patch. I even think that I only did the patch for another 10 days after that and then ripped that off for good to. It's all in your head, and you can do this. Also, how much do those goddamn patches burn/itch???!!!

    ReplyDelete