Saturday, July 3, 2010

Here's the rub....

When I quit smoking I also have to give up drinking for some period of time too.  While I can smoke all I want to without having a drink, I can't have a drink without also requiring a nicotine treat.  So that is pretty much all of my vices.  I don't have any healthy vices.  There is nothing fun to me about exercise, except that fabulous first cigarette after a good cardio work out.  To be frank, I'm not even certain that I'll continue to be able to use the phone.  Most of my phone calls are taken on the deck with a glass of wine and a smoke, so if you call sometime after next Wednesday and I am unable to carry on a conversation, that is most likely why.  Please don't take it personally.

Also, I don't know how to celebrate anything that does not involve booze and smoking.  And I like to celebrate, practically every little old thing, and the big things too.  I've been known to celebrate surviving a Monday.  I serve alcohol at baby showers.  Bottom line, in addition to having to re-learn how to be outside, and talk on the phone, and find some new favorite things, I have to figure out how people who don't smoke, and who temporarily don't drink, celebrate stuff.  I have one thing to celebrate next Wednesday, a big accomplishment for my sister, so it's a good thing I should still have a pack and a bottle of Scharffenberger.  Last celebration.

For your entertainment, me celebrating it being mid-morning in Hawaii.....


Four to go.  Time dwindles....

No comments:

Post a Comment