Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Last Supper......

Sorry to be so maudlin, not to mention sacreligious, but I have reached the finish line.  Or starting line depending on how you look at it, but no matter how hard I try, I am invariably a glass half empty sort of gal.  Mostly because I've already drunk the first half.  In fact since I took this photo, approximately 45 minutes ago, I am a bottle half empty sort of gal.  Down four cigarettes too.

So here we are.  I just had a terrifically satisfying court hearing, and I, nonetheless, spent the entire drive back trying to talk myself out of failing before I've even tried. In my head I have myself convinced that I shouldn't really quit mid-week.  Saturdays are the proper day to quit smoking.  A day when I won't be in the place where my routine is so routine.  Not to mention the fact that I was informed this morning that we need to have an office meeting tomorrow after work.  Office meetings in my office are not held in the office, but in the bar across the street.  Who needs that sort of annoyance on the first cigarette-free, booze-free day of my life....since the last time I quit smoking?  See how easy I make it to fail?  Honestly I don't like failing.  I hardly ever do at anything except quitting smoking.  But, as Fat Mike puts it, how are you supposed to rock and roll without substance abuse?  At least a little legal substance abuse?

So my friends, I shall finish drinking my lovely bottle of California bubbly, finish smoking these last few cigarettes, and try to talk myself back into quitting tomorrow, instead of postponing it until Saturday.  Quitting felt like such a fine idea when I had most of a carton of delicious nicotine treats left in the cupboard.

Will she slap on the patch tomorrow, or will she break down and postpone....Only the Shadow knows.....

1 comment: